Help,where can I get the MIF files
yangzixian
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:27:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi,I just found out the Everest Framework,it is super good,I would very much like to use it however I can't find where the MIF files are.

I have see that HL7 Orgs said all of the related resources will free to over the world next year,is it true?

But now I have no membership,I can't get the MIF files.Could someone help me?I want to get the MIF files in order to use Everest Framework.

I'm a graduate student from China,request for help?Thanks very much.
justin.fyfe1
#2 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:06:32 AM(UTC)

Medals: Mobile Tech Grasshopper: Mobile Tech GrasshopperHealth Informatics MVP

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello,

Thanks for your interest in the Everest Framework. You are correct that the MIF files will be available from HL7 in January next year, until then you will have to use one of the following solutions:

1. If you just want to write code that generates/parses XML using Everest you can use the built-in serialization libraries (CDAr2, NE2008, NE2010 and Canadian). These were generated without-documentation (due to our licensing restrictions as a corporate member) however they generate conformant XML (still tricky as you have to open the standards to read the docs for structures). You'll find the DLL files in the "lib" folder of installation.
2. If you want to write code that generates/parses XML for a localized version of HL7 you will need to get MIFs from your local HL7 chapter. I don't know how much it costs for the China affiliate however here student accounts are really cheap (they're only $20, you read the license though, there are restrictions on student members)
3. You can wait until the MIFs become free and then run them through GPMR
4. You can wait until the MIFs become free and we run them through GPMR and bundle them (I'll have to read the specifics but I think we'll be able to include documentation on those assemblies)

Also (I have to write this) I encourage you (and all of our users) have an HL7 membership if you plan on using their standards (Everest implements their standards so I count that) for software that will be sold commercially. HL7 is a volunteer organization and in order to continue to develop these standards membership does help. That being said, there is nothing stopping you from just downloading Everest (or any other XML framework) and implementing HL7v3 out of the box ;)

Cheers
-Justin
yangzixian
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:06:12 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Thank you!

I think I may try the No.1 solution first.